In Memory

John Hunt

John Hunt

November 26, 1945 to May 7, 2015

John suffered from some form of blood cancer.  He has been in a care facility but died of pneumonia last Thrusday.

go to bottom 
  Post Comment

05/20/15 08:18 PM #1    

Pat Halberg (Welch)

Seeing John's high school photo in the "In Memory" context is a jolt. I remember that beautiful young face very well. I expect that John might have been as shy as I often was, since I don't recall any conversations, but that may be my choppy memory. The visual memories don't fade so fast for me, and with this photo comes a vivid sense of John's presence. It sounds like his last days were difficult; I hope his passing was peaceful.

05/21/15 03:09 PM #2    

pamelaAKASilvermoon Johnson (Johnson)

When I think back and see John walking down those big halls,  I remember his  soft brown eyes. We did not have much verbal communication from either of us but his eyes always said    "It's  OK"  and I felt touched in a kind way. I also feel the loss of John and hope that his life....and .his time in the navy...was kind to him and I'm sure that he is much loved.and missed





05/21/15 08:19 PM #3    

Linda Pompeo (Worden)

John was quiet and shy, kind and always had a ready smile for everyone.  


05/24/15 01:44 PM #4    

Roger Lazzar

I first met John while at Highline, we had both gone out for the track team and from that moment on became fast friends. John became one of Highline's best hurdlers. John enjoyed spending time with family and friends camping at his family's cabin located just outside the enterence to Mount Rainier park. He also spent much of his youth at lake Ozette in the Olympic National forest. He had a keen interest in flying and became an excellent pilot. He owned and operated a lumber busness in Forks Washinton for many years. I lost contact with John after we both left Highline CC. Four years ago John and I reconnected through social media after a forty five year hiadus. I invited John down to Arizona a year after we first made contact with one another. He spent two weeks visiting with my wife and I. Needless to say we had a wonderful time reminissing about old times while at Highline. While I feel a personel loss, I know his family is going through much more than I can ever know. He was a great person and a great personel friend, he will be missed by all who knew him.


go to top 
  Post Comment